People negotiate every day and we cannot avoid negotiating. People are negotiating even when they do not realize it. Therefore, negotiation skills, in its simplest form, means a method by which people settle differences. It is a process by which compromise or agreement is reached while avoiding arguments and disputes. In any disagreement, individuals understandably aim to achieve the best possible outcome for their position or perhaps an organization they represent. Thus, this course will help you become a better negotiator by explaining some of the useful framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests, seeking mutual benefit and maintaining a relationship.
This module will provide clear techniques of negotiation skills. Other than that, students are also provided with the theories and strategies behind it. At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concept of negotiation skills for business purposes.
- Analyse the theories behind negotiation in business.
- Identify and gain profit from the most suitable negotiation skills for their business.
- Apply the strategies in an actual setting.
- Communicate well with other parties.
- Revise one’s attitude towards the concept of negotiation skills as the key to success.
Students will also be equipped with the concept of negotiating skills that will further help them strive to achieve success.