In a business, we always assumed that having frequent meetings equal to making the business more successful, when in fact, it is actually the opposite. Having more meetings is just wasting more time. Thus, the only way we can curb this problem is to make the meetings more effective. That is what we present in this module. This module will provide you with various ways in handling meetings efficiently. It will also raise your awareness in the importance of an efficient meeting.
This module aims to help participants to achieve the learning objectives as follows:
- Consider whether a meeting is always the best means of communication.
- Provide focus for your meetings through the use of objectives and agendas.
- Chair and control meetings to ensure they are effective.
- Ensure that agreed actions are assigned and recorded and learn how to close meetings effectively, and
- Participate effectively in meetings.
Participants will also take you through the whole process from setting the meetings up, leading the meetings and even how to properly participate in the meetings.